Palmer Capital Partners Limited (“Palmer Capital”) recognises the importance of sustainability and acknowledges that sustainability is not only of moral importance to its everyday activities, but also generates financial returns for its investors.
Palmer Capital strives to comply with all statutory obligations in relation to the built environment and adopt best practice in non-regulated areas (where commercially feasible) to ensure that Palmer Capital, its advisors and suppliers fully embrace sustainability.
Palmer Capital are committed to improving their environmental performance and reducing their environmental impact and this forms an integral part of the business strategy and operating methods. Palmer Capital will also encourage suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
With regards to its own business operations Palmer Capital is committed to:
- Enhancing the environmental efficiency of its business facilities to reduce the consumption of energy and other natural resources (e.g. water, waste).
- Comply with relevant environmental standards and regulations.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Implementing an Environmental Management System in line with ISO14001.
- Produce an annual Greenhouse Gases (GHG) inventory based on the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard so that we can measure and improve its environmental impact.
- Submit an annual GRESB survey.
Palmer Capital recognises that attracting, developing and retaining talent contributes to the success of the business. Encouraging positive employment conditions and the promotion of employee satisfaction is important to promote a safe and healthy workplace. Palmer Capital believes that all employees are entitled to equal opportunities, the freedom of association and protection against any forms of discrimination. Palmer Capital strongly advocates that employees have the right to reasonable working hours and fair wages without gender discrimination.
All employees undergo yearly training using the Palmer Capital e-learning platform to ensure knowledge of issues such as modern slavery.
Palmer Capital was founded in 1992 and is a real estate investment management company whose vision is:
To be a leading creator and manager of real estate assets in the UK.
Palmer Capital looks to achieve its vision by operating its business with the following values and ethics:
Palmer Capital is committed to the highest corporate governance and ethical standards.These values are embedded in daily operations and to ensure transparency Palmer Capital will:
- Conduct reliable financial reporting through accurate accounting processes.
- Ensure that its policies are shared with all relevant stakeholders and publicly available
- Undertake its business with integrity, honesty and fairness at all times
- Conduct its affairs in the best interest of our shareholders, employees, local communities and customers
Sustainability is taken seriously by Palmer Capital and although ultimate responsibility sits with the Board of Directors (the “Board”), it is the responsibility of the Senior Management Team to ensure that the Palmer Capital’s environmental and sustainability policy is incorporated within day to day business activities. By ensuring that all levels of the business understand Palmer Capital’s ESG position, ESG remains a top priority in any decision-making process.
Please click on the below links to access Palmer Capital’s supporting policies:
Control Framework – Responsibilities
Supply Chain assessment
Community Impact Assessment during construction
Investment Due Diligence
Sustainability Task Force
Environmental Management System
Climate Change Resilience
Annual tenants’ satisfaction survey
Extra financial KPIs
Green Lease clause
Local Community Impact assessment
Annual Sustainability Progress Report
Annual GHG inventory based on GHG Protocol
Annual GRESB survey
PALMER CAPITAL ESG MANAGEMENT
- Sustainability Task Force
- Sustainable Investment Policy
- Sustainability Statement
- Environmental Policy
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Service Providers Sustainability Assessment
- Anti-Bribery Policy
- Legislative monitoring
- Employee ESG training
- Integration of ESG in investment decision
- Sustainability Due Diligence
- Minimum requirements for building certifications
- Future proof design
- Smart technology requirements
- Consumption monitoring (Energy & Water)
- Monitors GHG emissions
- Waste monitoring
- Environmental Management System
- PPM program
- Monthly property managers meeting
- Quarterly Sustainability Task Force meeting
Reporting & Stakeholders Engagement
- Annual sustainability report based on GRI framework
- Annual GHG inventory based on GHG protocol
- Annual UNPRI submission
- Annual GRESB survey
- Monthly property managers meeting
- Quarterly investors report
- Quarterly financial Report
- Annual tenants’ satisfaction survey
- Annual Community Impact Assessment